Kilroy's College

Kilroy's College

Learn, Progress, Succeed!

Kilroy's College Home > Courses > Childcare Courses > Child Development QQI Course

Child Development QQI Level 6 course

How distance learning works

Your Own Child Development QQI Level 6 tutor

As a Kilroy's College student, you will be assigned a personal tutor, who works with you throughout your course, providing expert guidance and tuition. With your experienced and qualified Child Development QQI Level 6 specialist as your tutor, you will be in "a class of one" but you will never be on your own.

Child Development Course Assessment

Throughout the course material you will find self-assessments and exercises to complete. These should not be returned to the College. They are a form of self-examination and reflection and should be used as a study aid.

As soon as you have completed the course and submitted your mandatory project to your Kilroy's College tutor for assessment and grading you will be required to sit the theory examination. This exam can be sat in Kilroy's College in our examination room based in Dublin 2 throughout the year. Please contact the College to arrange a suitable time to sit the theory exam. The project carries 60% of the final grade and the theory exam carries the remaining 40% of the final grade.

All work submitted must be your own and the course must be completed within 12 weeks of receiving your study units. Work submitted will be marked by your tutor, checked by an internal verifier and also by an independent QQI external authenticator.

Private and Confidential

Any correspondence with the College and all your course work will be treated as strictly private and confidential.

About the Future

Many of our students currently employed have received a promotion or an increase in salary, as a direct result of completing a Kilroy's College course. Many students tell us that our courses have given them the confidence to go on to further study, to begin work or to change careers. So if you don't have time for evening classes or you would prefer to study at home at your own pace, this Child Development QQI Level 6 course could be perfect for you.


  • The College is open all year, so you can start studying at any time.
  • This Child Development QQI Level 6 course allows you the flexibility and confidentiality of studying at home without having to take time out from work or other personal commitments.
  • It offers you valuable savings in time and transportation because you study your entire course from your workplace or from home.
  • Our tuition is private and personal - you will be in a 'class of one' with your own tutor, an experienced and qualified specialist in Child Development QQI Level 6.
  • Once enrolled you will be able to access the full course online and receive everything that you need to get started in your student study pack.
  • On the successful completion of your course, you will receive a QQI Level 6 Component Certificate in Child Development (6N1942) from QQI in recognition of your educational achievement.

Now take action!

Take your first step by contacting us today and remember you can complete your Child Development QQI Level 6 course within 12 weeks of enrolling!

  • To receive more information, please order a free prospectus. Fill in your contact details and we will immediately send you a free copy of our complete prospectus along with an enrolment pack.
  • You can enrol now for this Child Development QQI Level 6 course with a credit card using our secure online enrolment form.

Get a FREE Child Development QQI Level 6 brochure